Energy and Environment
The ENCOMPASS will enable the aerospace sector to adopt Additive Manufacturing technology more quickly and effectively.
Encompass will help to increase economic growth and create new jobs in Europe by increasing EUs competitiveness across the laser based Additive Manufacturing.
Quality of life
Encompass goal is to lower emissions which will lead to lower pollution.
Health and Safety
Working environment will be improved as workers will be less exposed to metal working fluids used in this type of proces
Our recent news
ENCOMPASS M24 Meeting – 2 years of success, one more to go!
ENCOMPASS consortium has joined in November 2018 for its semester meeting.
A lot is going on now, as all pieces of software are almost fully developed, it is integration work that is leading the path.
ENCOMPASS was present at the biggest Additive Manufacturing fair in Europe – FORMNEXT – (13th to 16th November) in Frankfurt, Germany.
ENCOMPASS at its mid-term consortium meeting and EU review meeting
During 14th and 15th of May, the ENCOMPASS consortium had its mid-term project meeting and its review meeting with representatives from European Commission.
ENCOMPASS Focal Points
- A user support interface within the CAD environment
- Digital tools for simulating and optimising melt strategies
- Digital tools for simulating post-build material and quality processes
- Apply monitoring solutions for key variables of the post-L-PBF processes
- Develop a framework for optimisation of L-PBF product and process design
- Demonstrate benefit of IDDS for end user driven case studies across the aerospace, medical and automotive sectors