Energy and Environment
The ENCOMPASS will enable the aerospace sector to adopt Additive Manufacturing technology more quickly and effectively.
Encompass will help to increase economic growth and create new jobs in Europe by increasing EUs competitiveness across the laser based Additive Manufacturing.
Quality of life
Encompass goal is to lower emissions which will lead to lower pollution.
Health and Safety
Working environment will be improved as workers will be less exposed to metal working fluids used in this type of proces
Our recent news
ENCOMPASS project has successfully reached its end
ENCOMPASS project has successfully reached its end, with the final review meeting between all partners and the EC!
Evaluation of the DIT for Additive Manufacturing
From the 28th to the 30th of January, a training and evaluation session of the Design Interrogation Tool (DIT) for Additive Manufacturing, took place in Manufacturing The Manufacturing Technology Center (MTC) facilities.
ENCOMPASS Consortium Meeting at the MTC
#ENCOMPASS consortium meeting is taking place at MTC in Coventry, the UK where the partners are discussing aspects related to the exploitation of the project results.
ENCOMPASS Focal Points
- A user support interface within the CAD environment
- Digital tools for simulating and optimising melt strategies
- Digital tools for simulating post-build material and quality processes
- Apply monitoring solutions for key variables of the post-L-PBF processes
- Develop a framework for optimisation of L-PBF product and process design
- Demonstrate benefit of IDDS for end user driven case studies across the aerospace, medical and automotive sectors